Friday, November 12, 2010

Warren Millers 61st Film: Wintervention

WM was amazing, like I needed more motivation to ski. Its amazing that after 61 films they can still throw in some ski locations that we never seen before. The comentator isnt WM anymore and that really changes it, he was so naturally funny and in my opinion think it really made the films. I showed up with my adventure budy in tow and we sat with 3 other friends in the balcony (sitting down about 30 mins early). On the way in we were greated with an armful of goodies, raffle prize signup slips and WM pens.

9:30 On with the show. This time they tried a scheme of a help line for people being addicted to powder and it just got old after about half the film. CO skiing was mentioned for at least half the movie, Breck, Telluride, Vail, Beaver Creek... then UT skiing..Sun Valley... along with some great places in Alaska, and New Zeland to keep me almost on edge and ready to carve some turns. All the members of our party were not as impressed and 2 actually dozzed off for a cat nap. I guess the excitement of part 1 was too much.

If you get a chance to attend one of these film unvailings or any other adventure film fest I would highly recommend it. I was just left with one question..
Whats the difference between an addiction to Coke and Fresh champagne powder? The straight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment